Renewables & Clean Tech
Renewable energy and clean technology are growth industries both globally and within Canada, with the opportunity to drive trillions of dollars in investment as the world moves on its commitments to fight climate change.
Federally and at the provincial level, governments are increasingly implementing policies to meet their climate change commitments, support growth in these sectors, and position Canadian companies for success in the transition to a low carbon economy. This public policy framework is critical as it must address commercialization and competitiveness challenges to drive innovation and adoption of these technologies.
Key areas where Global Public Affairs can provide our support include:
- Insight into federal and provincial energy, environmental, and innovation policy
- Implementation of the Pan-Canadian Climate Change Framework
- Alberta’s Climate Leadership Plan, including the phase out coal power and “30% by 30” renewable generation target
- Renewable power procurement processes
- Clean technology incentives and grants
- Energy transition in remote and Northern communities
- Monitoring federal and provincial parliamentary committees and political initiatives
With our highly respected senior group of experts, Global is uniquely positioned in the market to support clients as governments focus on the transition to a low carbon economy and climate change. Our service offerings include:
- Energy, climate change, and innovation policy – Analysis, strategy and engagement to help organizations understand and assess the risks and opportunities in government policy
- Profile raising and market entry – Local expertise to support market entry and build your network
- Project approvals – Support companies in securing approvals and social license to operate
- Strategic communications – Develop and implement strategies to build corporate reputation and support business goals
- Stakeholder mapping – Understand the range of stakeholders engaged and their influence on your issues
- Board counsel – Senior advice supporting Board due diligence
Global’s team provides tailored advice built around national perspective and local insights to help our clients navigate a dynamic political and policy landscape.
Global Insights – Renewables and Clean Tech