MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
Foreign direct investment is crucial to the well-being of the Canadian economy, particularly in the energy sector where resources are abundant but domestic development capacity is limited. The mix of federal and provincial jurisdiction in some sectors of the economy result in complex political dynamics around major foreign investment mergers and acquisitions.
Global’s has successfully navigated our clients through the political minefield of several high-profile transactions in Canada, most recently in the natural resources, energy and telecommunications sectors.
In a world where mergers and transactions have become increasingly subject to public scrutiny, and have relevance beyond the financial component, we work with investors and companies in order to:
- Identify key stakeholders (decision makers, direct advisors and influencers)
- Develop messaging for all stakeholder groups
- Assist in navigating Investment Canada Act and related regulatory amendments included in the foreign investment review process
- Social and traditional media monitoring and engagement strategies
- Public affairs engagement across all services, in all relevant jurisdictions