INDUSTRY, INNOVATION & PROCUREMENT
Industry has long recognized the important benefits of working proactively with government. Effective government relations can shape the long-term regulatory and legislative approach, increase understanding of market constraints and identify sales opportunities available in the public sector. Governments are also key partners in funding research and development projects.
By monitoring public policy and legislation and becoming involved in government consultations and working groups on economic and research policies, corporations can be well informed when it comes to identifying regulatory changes, policy shifts and procurement opportunities. Whether your business is selling goods or services, commodities or high-technology, the government should be an important customer. Understanding the big trends in government can be the key to developing and providing the necessary products and services. Established relationships with government can highlight future emerging solutions, facilitate responses to existing RFPs and accelerate a variety of approvals. Issues in government industry regulation, government procurement and research funding can include:
- Economic development policy, funding support, regional and industrial benefits
- Science and Technology Policy
- Taxation policy and regulation
- Access to research and development programs and funding
- Procurement Reform
- Approval processes, contract agreements, terms, conditions and appeals
- Liability, privacy and security
- Eligibility rules and set-asides
- NAFTA, WTO and other trade agreements, import/export rules and border processes
Global’s Industry, Innovation & Procurement practice has served a cross sector of Canada’s technology leaders.